- Why? Because you’ve always wanted to.
- When? Rolling admission in the East Bay near Jack London Square in Oakland.
- How much? $449.
- How long? Aiming for 5 weeks, could be less.
- What do I do? Some self study, show up, participate.
Here are some important caveats to know:
- You don’t need ground school, I’m just offering extra help and structure to those who do better in a group learning scenario and who want to be sure they pass, learn how to get efficient flight instruction and learn more about aviation in the Bay Area.
- The flying portion of your training will be at least $9,000. You legally need 40 hours of dual (with instructor) and solo (by yourself) flight time. But more likely it will take you 60 hours. We will likely do it in Oakland, at the Alameda Aero Club, the best deal in the area per hour for aircraft rental and instruction.
- The $449 is non-refundable yet it will give you confidence, swagger, poise and knowledge to pass the FAA written knowledge test. You are welcome to begin flight training at the same time as ground school, but it is not required.
- Once you pass the FAA written, it is valid for 2 years. You have that long to complete your flight training if you want to become a private pilot. You can complete your flight training anywhere there is a willing instructor and aircraft for rent.
Ready to get started? Contact me for openings and start dates.