Fly like Sully did once upon a day, “Old School.”
What are the advantages of mastering a taildragger?
- Stick and rudder skills: Your feet will cooperate and participate!
- Easy transition to seaplane or ski-plane flying.
- Develop acute wind awareness.
- Master the “wheel landing” which allows you to stop fast, see well and look like a pro.
- Transition to a DC-3 later with less hassle. (After you are done showing off in Sonoma Skypark (0Q9) or Frazier Lake (1C9) with our taildragger.)
What is the cost? [Please note: This is Bay Area pricing]
- Both aircraft are $110 / hr. dry (fuel averages $40 / hr. in the Bay Area, so plan on $150 per hour “ish”)
- The instructor fee for each lesson is either $375 or $500 depending on whether you use 3 hours or 4 hours. [Most students finish the endorsement in 10 hours or ~ $2350.00]
What do you get out of it?
Upon successful completion of the tailwheel endorsement you get a logbook entry to that effect. That’s it! No checkride, no stress and no mess.
If you are passionate enough to want a job flying “off airport” somewhere on the periphery of the civilized world, our maverick instructors offer Alaskan, African, Canadian and remote USA experiences, ideas, job connections and more.
Click here to book.